Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Feeling Accomplished yet Overwhelmed!

I am at the end of long road that started roughly 22 years ago. I am graduating from college this spring with my A.A. degree. I am excited knowing that I am almost to the finish line, one more semester to go. However, I am feeling extremely overwhelmed by what this upcoming semester holds for me.

For starters, I have to finish 16-credit hours (which is four classes). On top of this, I have to complete my externship (which they informed me is 40 hours a week). I already work two jobs, both from home though as a medical transcriptionist, as well as taking care of home.

The thought of things to come was weighing heavily on me over the weekend. Then, my dear husband said the sweetest thing, "Let me know what I can do to help you." That was music to my ears. Normally, I don't accept help in fear that what I need to get done will be pushed to the side. However, this time I told him for those 12 weeks he needed to take over the finances including the checkbook register. I even told him I would put together a list of when things are do and the websites and passwords to what I take care of online.

I did give him this disclaimer though that I would probably still be overwhelmed and a little short-tempered during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment