Monday, January 6, 2014

A New Year, new resolutions!

I have thought about about my blog for the last week or so, and thinking of what direction I would like to take it in 2014.  For me, my resolution is about getting healthy, everything from eating right to exercising, also showing some new outfits that I have as well.

In August 2013, I was admitted to the hospital for heart issues, low potassium and low magnesium, and a possible bacterial infection. During this stay, I realized there was a lot in my life that was going to have to change from giving up my favorite drink of Coca Cola to giving up sweets.  I am not a fruit and vegetable person so this would have to change as well.  While in the hospital the cardiologist talk with about doing a heart catheterization.  As I laid there listening to him explain the tests and the catheterization, I thought I am only 40, why would I need this.  I did go through with the noninvasive testing but declined the catheterization.

Since being out of the hospital, I have taking up walking daily, using my workout dvds more often, and working on eating healthy.

I have decided to bring you all along on my journey! I look forward to any comments you may have as input is greatly appreciated.


This is one of my prime reasons for trying to live healthier.  I want to be around to enjoy my family.

2 comments:

  1. Having a health scare really puts your life into perspective doesn't it?

    I am glad you are taking the steps to avoid surgery and get yourself healthy.

    You never know how true the saying," without your health you have nothing" is until you don't have your health.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and now I'll get to follow along with your journey.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your journey is going well my dear!

    xox
    Tamera

    ReplyDelete