Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What are my New Year's Resolutions?

Well as I have mentioned in my previous post my new year's resolutions are health and exercise. With 2013, coming and going so quickly, I have had a chance to look back over the last year. 

So far I have discovered fruit smoothies in order to get my daily intake of fruits. Personally, I am not a fan of fruits, mainly because of the texture.  I do enjoy the smells of most fruit though.  I add a whole banana to my smoothies to make sure I get my potassium, as low potassium seems to be an issue for me.

As far as exercising is going, I try to walk everyday for at least 30 minutes to an hour. I have been doing my workout dvds at least 3 times a week.

Why focus on these two areas? Well, as I mentioned previously I was admitted to the hospital August 2013. It was during this visit that the cardiologist informed me my heart was under stress.  He had recommended a heart catheterization; however, I declined.  I want to be healthy so that I can enjoy time with my husband, daughters and grandson. 

My goal is to get healthy.  I want to get my BMI down as well as lowering my cholesterol.  My goal is not to lose weight to become a size 3 (Now that I am 41 I am not worried about size 3).  I am trying to lose weight to become healthy.  My ideal size would be an 8 or 10.

I hope you follow me along on my journey.

Blessings,

Donna

4 comments:

  1. I love fruit smoothies, they are a great way to get your daily intake of fruit aren't they? Mango is a favourite of mine. Good luck with your resolutions :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your response. I love strawberries in my smoothies. I try my best to hide the taste of bananas.

      Delete
  2. Hello, Donna! I sure wish you lots of success with your goals. I gave up sugars some years ago, and am the better for it. I also pay lots of attention to the glycemic index and load, rarely eat heavily processed foods, and watch the calories in and out. Adding fruits isn't as important as veggies for weight loss, at least for some of us, and is much harder. As you know! Hang in kid, and keep up the good work. Forgive yourself INSTANTLY if you backslide, then pick up where you left off.
    One of the things I've learned to do to get a bit more exercise (and I'm a naturally inclined sitter, not a mover!) is to keep my favorite music on all day, and when I hear my very favorite songs ... dance like nobody (and I mean NOBODY) is watching! That's about 3.5 minutes of workout several time a day, and it only takes 10 to make a huge difference in cardiovascular improvement!
    You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I like your idea about dancing to your favorite song. I will have to try that.

      Delete